Nothing earth-shattering. Just things I thought I’d pass along in case they’re useful:
1. No fountain pen in my collection can successfully sign the back of a new credit card.
The best writing instrument for the job? A fine (or extra fine) Sharpie.
2. The paper of today’s U.S. passports is amazingly fountain pen friendly.
Now, if I could only get my hands on a couple dozen reams of the stuff. You know… for fountain pens.
3. Changing your name after half a century? Not a problem.
Changing your signature? At this point I’m looking into electroshock therapy. Those neural pathways are stubborn!
4. Winston Churchill’s mother was born in Brooklyn.
Lady Randolph Churchill was not only an American, she was also quite an interesting character.
5. Botanically speaking, a grape is a berry.
Bananas and avocados? Also berries. Strawberries and raspberries? Not berries.